Sai Baba - the Prayer of Surrender


The Prayer of Surrender posted outside the Western Canteen at Puttaparthy. 


Why get agitated? Let me take care of all your business.  I shall be the one who will think about them.  I am waiting for nothing else but your surrender to Me, and then you do not have to worry any more about anything.  Say farewell to all fears and discouragement. You demonstrate that you do not trust Me. On the contrary, you must rely blindly on me.


To surrender means to turn your thoughts away from troubles; to turn them away from difficulties you encounter and from all your problems. Leave everything into me hands saying “Lord, Thy will be done. Thou think of it”.  That is to say ‘Lord, thanks you for You have taken everything into Your hands, and You will resolve this for my highest good.’

Remember that thinking of the consequences of a thing is contrary to surrender. That is to say that when you worry that a situation has not had the desired outcome, you thus demonstrate that you do not believe in My love for you.  You will prove that you do not believe that your life is under My control and that nothing escapes Me.

Never think ‘ How is this to end..….?’ What is going to happen....?’ If you give in to this temptation, you demonstrate that you do not trust Me.  Do you want Me to deal with it?  Yes or no?  Then you must stop being anxious about it.  I shall guide you only if you completely surrender to Me, and when I must lead you into a different path from the one you expect, I carry you in My arms.

What seriously upsets you is your reasoning, your worry, your obsession, your will to provide for yourselves at any price. I can do so many things when the being, as much as in his material necessities as in his spiritual ones, turns to me and says ‘You think of it’.  Then he closes his eyes and rests quietly.  You will receive a lot, but only when your prayer will rely fully upon Me.

You pray to me when in pain so that I will intervene, but in the way you desire it.  You do not rely on Me but you want Me to adjust to your requests.  Do not behave like sick ones who ask for a treatment from the doctor, all the time suggesting it to him.  Do not to that but rather, even in sad circumstances, say ‘Lord I praise You and thank You for this problem, this necessity. I pray that You arrange things as You please for this terrestrial and temporal life.  You know very well what is best for me.’

Sometimes you feel that disasters increase instead of diminish.  Do not get agitated.  Close your eyes and tell me with faith, ‘Thy will be done. You think of it.’  And when you speak thus, I accomplish a miracle when necessary.  I only think of it when you trust me totally.  I always think of you, but I can only help you completely when you rely fully on Me.

Baba                                         OM Sai Ram

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you for posting this. I have been thinking about this prayer since returning from Puttaparthi and was wishing I had copied it down on paper. Your seva is appreciated!
Anonymous said…
Om sai ram,

Sai baba i really love and i need u all the time...today i understood the real meaning of surrender hence i surrender to you...u know very well how much iam suffering ...pls baba...help me to increase faith and devotion with patience... Take care of my loved ones...and this kaliyug...
Anonymous said…
sai baba, you know very well what circumstances i have been going through, please baba help me to keep faith and patience as i am totally lost now.pls keep holding my hand as i am nearly on the edge of falling deep down emotionally as well as physically. pls sort out issues ,i know our deeds are the reasons of this calamity but baba who else will forgive other than you,you are my father, brother , everything ,pls save my family from losses and bless us .om sai ram, om sai ram,om sai ram,om sai ram,om sai ram,om sai ram,om sai ram,om sai ram,om sai ram,om sai ram,om sai ram,om sai ram.
nish said…
baba.. i need you...please help me to find inner peace and totally surrender to you..baba help me to give happiness to other people..aum sai ram !!
Unknown said…
Baba please help all the children in this world for better generation.��
Om sai ram

Popular posts from this blog

Ramesh Balsekar 1917 - 2009

Sai Baba - Seema Dewan's Letter of 3rd May 2011