Nisargadatta on 'The Centre is a Point of Void and the Witness a Point of Pure Awareness'

Question: A day must come when the show is wound up; man must die; the universe comes to an end.

Maharaj: "Just as a sleeping man forgets all and wakes up for another day, or he dies and emerges into another life, so do the worlds of desire and fear dissolve and disappear. But the Universal Witness, the Supreme Self never sleeps and never dies. Eternally, the Great Heart beats and at each beat a new universe comes into being. "
Q: Is He conscious ?
M:" He is beyond all that a mind conceives. He is beyond being and not being. He is the Yes and No to everything beyond and within, creating and destroying, unimaginably real. "
Q: God and the Mahatma, are they one or two?
M:" They are one.
Q: There must be some difference.
M: "God is the All-Doer, the Jnani is a non-doer. God himself does not say 'I am doing all''. To Him things happen by their own nature. To the Jnanis, all is done by God. He sees no difference between God and nature. Both God and the Jnani know themselves to be the immovable centre of the movable, the eternal witness of the transient.
The centre is a point of void and the witness a point of pure Awareness; they know themselves to be as nothing, therefore nothing can resist them. "
Q: How does this look and feel in your personal experience?
M:" Being nothing, I am all. Everything is me, everything is mine. Just as my body moves by my mere thinking of the movement, so do things happen as I think of them. Mind you, I do nothing. I just see them happen. "
Q: Do things happen as you want them to happen, or do you want them to happen as they happen?
M:" Both. I accept and am accepted. I am all and all is me. Being the world, I am not afraid of the world. Being all, what am I to be afraid of? Water is not afraid of water, nor fire of fire. Also, I am not afraid because I am nothing that can experience fear, or can be in danger. I have no shape, nor name. It is attachment to a name or shape that breeds fear. I am not attached. I am nothing, and nothing is afraid of no thing. On the contrary, everything is afraid of the Nothing, for when a thing touches Nothing, it becomes Nothing. It is like a bottomless well, whatever falls into it disappears. "

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sai Baba - the Prayer of Surrender

Sai Baba - Seema Dewan's Letter of 3rd May 2011

Ramesh Balsekar 1917 - 2009