Baba's Lilas - Fishing



Fishing on the River Itchen. Photo by Derek Hampshire

Today - at about 2pm on Friday 21st August 2009 - I finished writing out my step-grandfather's monograph on dry fly fishing. It's here . A few minutes later I wrote on Facebook 'Herry Lawford is learning about fishing - and wished he'd taken it up years ago.....'.

About two hours later a friend, (who isn't on Facebook and has no connection with it), wrote in an e-mail 'By the way are you into flyfishing – I have a beat on the Test on 21 September if you would like to join me??' It is the only invitation to a day's fishing that i have ever received.

For those unversed in the lore of fishing, the Test in Hampshire is the holy of holies and generally regarded at the finest dry fly river in England.

Another Baba lila......

Baba in the Smoke

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sai Baba - the Prayer of Surrender

Ramesh Balsekar 1917 - 2009

Sai Baba - Seema Dewan's Letter of 3rd May 2011